Cerro Montezuma, Western Andes (4 to 5 days)
Discover the huge variety of orchids in one of the most biodiverse spots on earth, the Western Andes of Colombia
Montezuma Rainforest, Western Andes
A famous Birding, Butterfly and Orchid observation paradise, just three hours away from Pereira and located on the western slope of the western Andes. This hill is fully covered with pristine cloud forests and goes up to 2600 m. Being located in one of earth's wettest regions (The Chocó region), it is daily bathed by rains and clouds, thus creating a perfect habitat for a high diversity of orchids, ferns, aroids, mosses and many other interesting plants and creatures.
Highlights: More than 200 species of orchids can be observed here, just along the road margins. Showy species like Huntleya gustavi, Maxillaria speciosa, Miltoniopsis vexillaria, Phragmipedium lindenii, Brachionidium imperiale, Masdevallia hortensis, Polycycnis barbata, Porroglossum eduardi, Dracula carcinopsis and Dracula chestertonii can be seen, along with a huge variety of Elleanthus, Maxillaria, Masdevallia, Scaphosepalum, Lepanthes and many other Pleurothallids.
Beautiful, rare and endemic birds like the Tatamá Bangsia (Bangsia aureocincta) and the wonderful Dusky Starfrontlet (Coeligena orina) can be seen here, among many other marvelous beauties.
- Local land and air transport
- All meals
- Local guides
- Tour leaders
- Parks or natural reserve entry fees
- Daily snack
- Filtered water for your personal bottle
- Lots of In-Situ orchids, birds and nature for you to enjoy
- Alcoholic beverages
- International airfares
- Local airfares not mentioned in daily itinerary
- Phone calls
- Anything not mentioned in the Included section
What to bring:
- List of contacts in case of emergency
- Insect repellent
- Sunblock lotion
- Hat or cap
- Long sleeved shirt
- Raincoat or poncho
- Rubber boots
- Camera with battery and memory card
IMPORTANT! - Rules and recommendations
- All participants should be in good health and physical condition. We reserve the right to limit participants due to health or fitness reasons.
- Although our destinations are safe, do not leave your valuable items inside the car or unattended.
- As we visit protected areas and support nature conservation, please be respectful, and do not harm or collect any flora or fauna.
- Additional nights due to flight cancellations are not included.
Want to go with us?
Click below to get you on board.